What do you do if your home catches fire from a bad electrical outlet? What if the chimney catches fire because it hasn't been swept properly in the past few years? How can you repair damage that has been caused by fire and the water used to put it out? I have had the unfortunate experiences of two fires in my home - one in the chimney and one caused by an electrical short. These experiences have taught me a lot about repairing damage to my home. I created this blog with the hopes of helping others going through the same misfortune get through the clean-up and repairs more easily.